"sherlock au where everything is the same but the pool was a ball pit" - scopesandskullties
Dear Jim, can you please fix it so I get an extra hour in the ball pit?
Does anyone else ever forget how good Sherlock is, or Martin or Benedict? Like you’re obsessed with it but then you rewatch it and you’re just baffled by the amazingness even though you’ve seen it 1000 times before
why is it that sherlock, a FOREIGN show, was the top emmy winner of 2014 and yet in fandom you have to like constantly apologize for liking it and do like 20 caveats about how you know it’s bad before you mention it at all
Of course, nonnie, it’s my pleasure!
Well, I don’t think Mycroft is going to die. Or at least, I hope not. But there is a definite trope in literature about parental figures having to die to sort of clear the way for the protagonist to grow up/mature/come into their own. Since Sherlock is clearly growing past Mycroft’s leadership, especially with the character development of last series, it would make sense that Mycroft has to get gone in order for Sherlock to come fully into his own. don-gately may want to expound on that idea a bit.
The scenes with Mycroft and Moriarty were rumoured by TPTB to be fake, a ruse, but now…with Moriarty back…a lot of us, myself included, believe they’re from a real scene. I believe LSiT talks about that scene in her M Theory, and it certainly seems that Mycroft and Moriarty are in on something together, god knows what.
This is all personal and I’m not predicting anything! Also, we need to take into account that this show does not have a lot of time available for the making of a major character’s death… I just think that
- Mycroft was conspicuously left out of the whole Mary thing.
- So, if shit goes down with Mary, and Mary is actually Moran (in the name of coherence and thrilling plot please make that happen), and Mycroft was involved with Moriarty (an idea I like more and more, especially considering the above-mentioned Mary thing), Mycroft is going to be dragged into it and no one (meaning by that “normal non-frame-dissecting-folks) wille expect it.
- I think the Mycroft figure we have now, presented as both all powerful and “where the fuck were you when all that heartbreaking stuff happened” is now at a dead-end and cannot be kept in a statu-quo. They don’t let their characters stagnate, as a general rule (Sherlock got tremendous character development, we as viewers got to witness John being told that he may want to want to be normal but he’ll never be that normal bloke with the boring job and the kids and the wife in a suburb home, Molly got character development, even freakin’ Anderson).
- So. Seeing as Mycroft also seems to know What Is Going On between our two favorite idiots, I think you would kill a flock of ostriches with one single stone by using Mycroft to make the situation MOVE FORWARD with them, Moriarty, Mary, everyone.
- If you think Mycroft wouldn’t offer his life for Sherlock’s, given the choice… Well.
That was a lot of rambling. But something needs to be set in motion with Mycroft.